Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Daily Thought


All rising to a great place is by a winding stair.
Francis Bacon

I rest in calm trust and rely on the Law of Spirit to bring good into my experience.
The Science of Mind, page 264

Under Sail

Do you know the feeling of tacking in a boat under sail? Wind seldom blows directly toward the final destination, so mariners set a zigzag course. They sail off in this direction for a bit, then turn and sail in the other direction, each leg moving them closer to their goal. Finally, they arrive!

I know the feeling of tacking and arriving in my life. My heart calls me. I study something deeply. Then I turn and try something entirely different. Then, one day, I arrive. I discover how all the actions I have taken intuitively have prepared me for this particular culmination, this task, this moment. All the necessary equipment, skills, and even supplies are readily available. I just have to show up and do the new work at hand. Even when the subject of my arrival is quite ordinary, I feel thrill bumps upon recognizing I have arrived. Moments like this inspire me with a sense of inevitability, fulfillment, and trust.

A significant gap may exist between our intuitive knowing, which propels us toward a short-term goal, and our conscious understanding of why we really want to go there. Sometimes the gap spans a decade or even more. We learn to trust our journey’s unfolding. When we arrive, we glimpse the broader perspective, seeing there was a divine order unfolding the whole time.

Today I am sailing through my glorious life. Experiences unfold divinely. I trust my clear guidance, directing me toward moments of exquisite realization and arrival.

2 comments:

Katie McKenna said...

I like this very much. Tacking makes sense. Thank you Jj!

Katie McKenna said...

I wanted to reread this... thinking about the gaps...

sweet dreams!