Friday, July 20, 2007

Seeds for the Garden of Your Mind


July 20
Karen Casey, Daily Meditations for Practicing the Course:

“Honesty inspires peacefulness.”

“We all desire peace, but we don’t always practice peacefulness. We may argue or pout. We may plot to control or confuse others. We may even engage in sinister activities. But the fact of the matter is, we’d rather be at peace. We just aren’t very good at accomplishing it.

Making the decision to be lovingly honest is the key to peacefulness. How do we do it? It’s not difficult, but it does require that we acknowledge how quickly the ego interferes in our lives. The ego has a vested interest in our dishonesty. If the ego is in control, and that’s always its intent, it stops at nothing to stay in control. Taking into account what may be the best outcome for everyone concerned is never of interest to the ego. The ego seeks self-gratification only. Peace doesn’t live there.

Asking for help from the Holy Spirit is the only way to develop real honesty. It can be immediate but most of us will have to ask many times. In fact, we’ll have to first be willing to ask. Let’s not give up.”

“The opportunity to be honest, thus peaceful, will present itself many times today.”

Marianne Williamson, A Year of Daily Wisdom: “Hope is born of participation in hopeful solutions. We are happy to the extent that we choose to notice and to create the reasons for happiness. Optimism and happiness are the results of spiritual work.”

Hugh Prater, Morning Notes: “God knows the question before I ask. Do I really think God needs my explanation? Simply be deciding to relax into my better nature, and to rest there happily, I put myself into the care of the most benevolent power there is. God doesn’t have to provide the answer; God is the answer.”

Carolyn Myss, Entering the Castle: “Mystical experiences happen when you are ready…Whenever you turn over your faith to your mind to manage, you always end up in a crisis of faith.”

Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth: “I usually congratulate people when they tell me, ‘I don’t know who I am anymore.’ Then they looked perplexed and ask, ‘Are you saying it is a good thing to be confused?’ I ask them to investigate. What does it mean to be confused? ‘I don’t know’ is not confusion. Confusion is: ‘I don’t know, but I should know’ or ‘I don’t know, but I need to know.’
Unity’s Daily Word: “God’s grace fills my life and the lives of others with pure, unconditional love.”

“Grace is divine love in action, a gift given unconditionally by God. So if, at any time, I have let the fog of doubt keep me from seeing beyond apparent lack, I know what to do. It’s the perfect time to pause, take a deep breath, and direct my attention to God, the source of goodness and grace.”

“In the quiet of my soul, I remember the times when seemingly undeserved good came my way. I give thanks that God’s unconditional love and grace have blessed me. I know that many more opportunities to experience this divine gift will unfold.”

“I recognize grace as a very real blessing for others. I hold them in loving thought, trusting that they, too, will recognize and accept the gift of God’s grace – God’s love in action in their lives.”

A Course in Miracles: Lesson 201 Review Lesson 181 “I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me.” “I trust my brothers, who are one with me.”

Namaste – Ron

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an interesting article on Divine Love. I found some more at this site about divine love

It also has a section devoted to the exposition about the Saint Mirabai’s Divine Love